Who We Are
The members of Adoptive Families of Houston (AFH) believe that adoptive families can benefit from the education, guidance, and support of professionals and parents who have shared in the unique experience of adoption.
With the needs of adoptive parents and children in mind, Adoptive Families of Houston offers a variety of activities each year including educational programs, monthly playgroups for the children and an annual family picnic.
To create more timely opportunities for connectivity, Adoptive Families of Houston recently began distributing a newsletter, created a book club, initiated two Facebook pages and redesigned our web site. In the future, we hope to introduce meaningful programs for older adopted children and host an adoption conference in Houston.
Adoptive Families of Houston is not affiliated with any agency, church, or organization. Anyone is welcome to join.
- To educate parents on topics unique to adoptive families
- To provide a supportive environment where adoptive parents and adoptees can feel comfortable discussing issues related to adoption
- To provide opportunities for all members of the adoptive family to socialize with others who have been touched by adoption
- To provide adopted children with a sense of belonging through friendships with other adoptees
Do you want to be part of a community of families who have similar life experiences, adoption questions, concerns and need for knowledge? Join us today.
Benefits of a Family Membership:
- Five educational programs yearly – FREE TO MEMBERS
- Kid-focused playgroups
- Annual Picnic invitation
- Quarterly Book Club
- Members-Only Facebook group for networking with other families
- Membership Directory
Who Can Join? Anyone whose life has been touched by adoption:
- Adoptive Parents
- Extended Families